The parish of Kingston covers 1907 acres and is bordered by Bourn Brook to the north, Armshold Lane to the east, Porter's Way to the west, and the Mare Way to the south. Mare Way is a prehistoric ridgeway, one of the oldest identified tracks in Cambridgeshire.
There are three moated sites in the parish: Moat House Farm, probably the site of the manor of Kingston St George; a small moat in Eversden wood in the southern part of the parish; and Kingston Wood Farm, probably once the manor of William the Conqueror's sheriff Picot.
In 1269 Baldwin St George of Kingston St George manor owned a deer park in Kingston. William Mortimer of Kingston Wood manor is recorded in 1279 as having a windmill.
Religious non-conformity was strong in South Cambridgeshire in the 17th century, and particularly so in Kingston. Bishop Compton's Census of 1676 recorded 11 dissenters and 84 conformists.
It was estimated in 1793 that there were 160 inhabitants in the village - and 450 sheep! In 1831, 65 of the 74 families in the village were engaged in farming. The 1891 census recorded 278 people living in the village. It also listed two pubs: the Rose and Crown and the Chequers; a British School; a blacksmith's shop and a Congregational chapel.
Electricity and mains water was not available in the village until after the Second World War. Previously villagers had to rely on the town well or farm pumps for their water.